Spreadsheet Design Concepts Series
- If you design for simplicity only very minor additional documentation is needed
- Design and build the user Interface with the Users needs primary, the documentation will automatically be there
- Design and build the business logic parts with the maintainers needs primary, the main documentation will automatically be there, expand as required.
- Integral tests should explicitly clarify intent.
- Reports should contain enough description to be meaningful.
- External documentation is almost always so out of date its worse than useless.
- Excessive documentation is too hard to plod through
- Poorly targeted documentation is pointless
- Working software is more useful than documentation
- Sometimes documentation is important
25 January 2012 - UK Excel Developer Conference - London
Products for sale:
New information about the missing FileSearch feature in Office 2007 and details of our pragmatic solution (Current price GBP 30.00)
Instant Excel worksheet protection remover and password recovery (Current price GBP 15.00)
Classic Ribbon Tab
Add Excel 97/2000/2002/2003 compatible menu structure to Excel 2007
(Current Price GBP 10.00)
Products coming soon:
(Find and control external links in Excel Workbooks)
Due by Q1 2111.
(Excel VBA based spreadsheet auditing tool)
Due before the end of 2111.